Sunday, March 23, 2014

Choices

Choices….we have to make them every day.  Some aren’t that significant.  The either / or won’t really matter that much.  Others….well, the consequences are dire. Whether I have a hotdog or hamburger today for lunch is no big deal.  It is merely a matter of preference (except for the fat content, I suppose).  However, how I invest my time today and with whom, well, that could have immediate and eternal ramifications.  A simple verse from the book of Exodus “You shall have no other gods before me.20:3 (ESV) is one that I reminds me of the seriousness of my choices.  Today (as that is what matters now as the past is the past) I have a choice of whether I will let God be God or other persons / things / pleasures be my god.  And it can be as simple as what I will invest my time in today and where it will be spent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment