Monday, December 10, 2018

It was November 4, 1967 when my grandfather slipped out into eternity after many years of serving on the multigeneraltional family farm. To my recall, I doubt that he ever traveled more than 100 miles from the farm (his place of birth) but day in and day out faithfully took care of his family's needs by farming well!  But I do know this, he had a pretty neat device, the short-wave radio and also delivered faithfully to his door step was the National Geographic.  In fact, when the attic was being cleaned out after his death, he had just about every copy since its inception!  Later, another grandson (my brother) would travel as he served with Wycliffe Bible Translators to many of the regions that my grandfather only read about.  But somehow, my grandfather, being faithful in doing what he was called to do (providing faithfully for the needs of his family) was a part of that.  This Christmas, you may not be able to travel around to the needy parts of the world that need Jesus and His Word, but by being faithful in what He has called you to be and do, you have an investment in the lives who can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment